TEN REASONS TO CHOOSE CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL EXAMINATIONS
More than 9000 schools in over 160 countries are part of the Cambridge learning community. Here are some of the reasons why they chose Cambridge.
Cambridge International Examinations is the world’s largest provider of international education programmes and qualifications for 5 to 19 year olds. We are part of the University of Cambridge, one of the world’s top universities and trusted for excellence in education. Our qualifications are recognised by the world’s universities and employers.
- Is an international education programme, typically for young learners (5 to 11 years old) and is used in primary schools around the world.
- covers English, English as a second language, mathematics and science and provides an excellent foundation for the later stages of education.
- tests are used at the end of Cambridge Primary and offer feedback on a learner’s strengths and weaknesses in the key curriculum areas of English, mathematics and scienc
- is marked by us and provides schools with an external international benchmark for learner performance.
- is an education programme for learners aged 11 to 14 that builds skills, knowledge and understanding in English as a first and second language, mathematics and scienc
- provides a natural progression for children from primary education and prepares them for post-14 education programmes that lead to formal qualifications.
- tests are used at the end of Cambridge Secondary 1, are marked by Cambridge and provide schools with an external international benchmark for student performance
- is available in English, mathematics and science and can be offered at two sessions during the year.
- is the world’s most popular international qualification for 14 to 19 year olds – although it can be taken by learners of other ages
- is recognised by leading universities and employers worldwide as evidence of academic ability
- gives learners the flexibility to choose from 70 subjects in any combination
- is taught by over 3700 schools worldwide including 1300 in the UK
- has been designed especially for an international market and is sensitive to the needs of different countries
- is designed for learners whose first language may not be English, and this is acknowledged through the examination process.
- are regarded as a passport to success in education, university and employment
- are taken by thousands of learners every year who gain places at leading universities worldwide including the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
- is recognised by 450 US universities including all Ivy League and Ivy+.
- is a two-year course with no assessment at the end of year one, providing more teaching time and freedom for learning
- is recognised by UK universities and a growing number of US universities, including all Ivy League colleges.